I woke up on Sunday morning to the sun beaming through my curtains and onto my face, forcing my eyes to flicker a few times before officially waking up. As much as I wanted to sleep in, I couldn’t be mad at the sun. Instead I decided to seize the day with a long winter walk. I bundled up with a few layers and off I went to the lake for a 2 hour walk. Yes, 2 hours. It was -17 with the wind chill, but I was sweating walking through shin deep snow. It was a great workout and made me appreciate nature. I say all of this because of the sun. If it was overcast and dark, I wouldn’t have left my bed, or I’d walk around my apartment with my duvet hugging me like a giant cape. So I’d like to thank the sun for making my day a good one. JD
What I wore underneath my parka:
* Scuba hoodie by Lululemon (gift)
* Moto-leggings by Domino Jeans ($50)
* Technica Moon Boots from Big Foot on Queen West ($90 on sale)
* Vintage-inspired vest from Winners ($24)
* Pins on my vest from my Dad’s ski pin collection – read about it here.