Do you find it difficult to find unique gifts with meaning? Does purchasing something from a registry give you the creeps? If you answered yes, I’ve found just the place for you! Just in time for the holiday season – meet Shopgirls Gallery Boutique.
I have browsed Shopgirls a few times before, but I didn’t know what it was all about until I got the scoop from the shop’s owner and curator – Michelle Germain.
Located in Parkdale Village at 1342 Queen St. West, this is not your average boutique. That’s because Shopgirls is part gallery and part boutique and everything they carry is Canadian designed. Items include everything from clothing, art, accessories, jewellery, home décor, body products, and greeting cards too.
What I love the most is that every item they carry has a story. It’s a meaningful shop and you will feel good to shop here for yourself and for others, and let me tell you there’s no shortage of excellent gift ideas.
Some interesting facts:
* They feature a local artist once a month with an art gallery opening.
* Artists and designers range from students to 80 year olds.
* Everyone who works at Shopgirls is one of their talented artists/designers.
* They started with 12 artists and now carry designs from over 80 artisans, mostly from Montreal and Toronto.
* Items range from $10 to $500 with an average price point of under $200
If you are looking for something different like recycled jewellery, vegan leather bags, cheeky home décor gifts, re-worked leather and fur hats, feathered brooches, and classic clothing with a twist, I highly recommend checking out Shopgirls Gallery Boutique. You’ll love its warm and cozy feel, vintage décor, and friendly staff. Shop local, support Canadian artists!
For more information, visit www.shopgirls.ca